7 Ways to Incorporate a TV into Your Kitchen Remodel
Incorporating a television in your kitchen design may not seem like a practical solution, but with a bit of creative planning, a TV can blend seamlessly into the design of your kitchen. Here’s eight space-saving ways to accommodate a TV in the kitchen:
- Mask Your TV as an Appliance: Create an appliance wall which houses your microwave, wine cooler, stove…and TV in one area
- Strategic Shelving: Add a small TV into a shelving unit, such as one you’d use for your microwave.
- Look Up: Utilize the no-man’s land of wasted space above your refrigerator.
- Pivot: For smaller kitchens with limited counter space, consider attaching a flat screen to a swivel arm, which can easily be tucked away when not in use.
- In the Corner: The corner of your countertop is often a dead use of space. Adding a small TV can add functionality to an otherwise inconvenient space.
- Drop-Down Unit: Go with a small flip-down flat screen TV that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
- Pop-Up Unit: If you’re looking to add a larger screen, consider hiding a flat screen TV in a cabinet, which pops up and down at the touch of a button.
You may just end up with a few more cooks in the kitchen if the entire family can gather around and watch television while you cook. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy your favorite cooking channels while prepping dinner